Wednesday, January 20, 2010

On the march again

It was while waiting for my staff bus on Monday morning that I began to appreciate women who had to wait years in marriage before becoming mothers. Oh! never in my life did I ever thought I will be in my 3rd year of marriage and never have the joy of holding my child in my arms. It was never a consideration, never a prayer point as I just somehow "knew"it was going to be a breeze... or so i thought. Now I know better.
After series of test, major treatments, a nasty and life threatning miscarriage, surgeries, hsg, tubal flushing etc I gave up and stopped trying. A call through to my doctor during the festives and loving words of encouragement from loved ones made me make a turn-around and went back. So dear ones, I am on the march again.
I don't know if I qualify to talk about infertility because afterall it's been only 2 going to 3 years of trying, but those days and months of waiting for AF to show up or disappear, having to stand in church or prayer meetings for special prayers for those seeking the fruit of the womb, receiving calls from home and hearing the worries in my mothers' voice, seeing pregnant women in the streets, people bringing oils, prayer points, etc to you makes it feel like a lifetime already.

The journey has been full of ups and downs, especially when I finally had a substantive pg and then mcg'd at 24 weeks. DH says I have to be consistent in my confessions and stop being full of faith today, depressed tomorrow and I agree with him. I must stop being on a roller coaster with regards to the things I want and focus on who God is . He is sovereign and will remain the only source of all that I could ever wish for.

A friend said generals don't come cheap and I agree. I really understand what hannah was going through when she pledged to give Samuel to God if he gave her a son, and i don't have to be a veteran in the waiting room to emphatise with her.

So i began treatment again today, first the weekly injections, next plan an hsg, 3 times a day dose of bromocriptine for the excessive prolactin secretion that plagues me. Above this all I have renewed confidence in God and the full backing of my faith that through it all I will remain strong and maintain a happy life. Afterall, there are so many things to be grateful to God for. So many things. Life for instance.

I will follow closely my 3 pronged word for the year: Focus, decisive and determined. I wili probably write a journal on my journey and publish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment