Friday, December 18, 2009

My 2009 Potpourri

The days i spent as a student in The Polytechnic Ibadan can best be described as an adventure. ostly i did not do those thigs i was proud of but i graduated with a distintion by my sweat - the only thing i am actally proud of! Then my friends and I had a slang for free lunches - we call it potpourri. Dictionary describes the word as a mixture of herbs used in perfumes/scent or generally a mixture of different things. For us then, it meant a filled belly - for free.

2009 was for me a year of several potpourri - I had the rudest shock of my life eary in the year when at almost 7 months gone i had a mcg that almost took my life, funny how the least expcted often happen. For months after that  iwas on auto-drive.

Career change brought some joys as stagnation gave way to new friends, new tasks and better activities. I guess ifound my head while others where losing theirs.

My marriage grew older and tastes better - One of the singular most effectie part of my existence.

Finances was not necessarily better managed.

Spiritually i learnt a lot from new mentors and old ones

So how do i feel as this year gives way to a new one? Initially i couldn't wait for the year to pack up but now i have embraced the challenges as the platform upon which i mut stand to get to the next height.

No comments:

Post a Comment